Correspondence regarding information material on Nazi administrator Max Merten, with which The Wiener Library provides the JDC on occasion of Mertens arrest and war crimes trial in Greece.
Correspondence with American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/65
- Dates of Creation28/06/1957 - 04/07/1957
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description6 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Founded in 1914 the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) is a Jewish relief organisation. Today it is the largest non-political organization dedicated to help Jews in distress all over the world whilst providing disaster relief and development assistance to non-Jewish communities as well. See Milton, S. and F.D. Bogin (eds.), http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19714, London, Garland, 1995.