The correspondence focuses on the annual DEADI conferences and Alfred Wiener’s attendances as guest, speaker and even PR manager over the years. Furthermore, some letters illustrate Wiener’s efforts to support the daughter of the DEADI treasurer during her stay in England (1956). Contained are copies of programs, transcripts of conference contributions (1956), and confirmation notes for hotel bookings.
Correspondence with Deutscher Evangelischer Ausschuss für Dienst an Israel (DEADI)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/325
- Dates of Creation15/02/1953 - 04/02/1958
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description62 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Between 1948 and 1982 the Deutscher Evangelischer Ausschuss für Dienst an Israel (DEADI) was a German Evangelical comittee for Jewish-Christian dialogue and collaboration. It hosted an annual conference with the title Church and Jewry.