Correspondence regarding a statement of the West German Minister of Defence, and the receipt of several of the ministry’s books and journals related to the re-established German army (‘Bundeswehr’).
Correspondence with Bundesministerium für Verteidigung (BMVg)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/239
- Dates of Creation06/02/1957 - 15/03/1960
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description13 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Bundesministerium für Verteidigung (BMVg) is the German Ministry of Defence. It was established in its current form in West Germany in 1955. Its headquarters are in Bonn, a second residence is located in the Bendlerblock in Berlin, the building complex that served as headquarters for the 20 July Plot of 1944.