Correspondence on a variety of subjects including arrangements for a visit to London; financial support for the Wiener Library regarding the research project Berliner Widerstand 1933-1945 ; antisemitic riots in Berlin; exchange of materials; membership list of the NS-Ärztebund ; the death of Joachim Lipschitz in December 1961; fate of Hermann Pister, former Commandant of Buchenwald.
Correspondence with and about Senator für Inneres Berlin (West) - Lipschitz, Joachim
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/71
- Dates of Creation14/06/1955 - 21/08/1964
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description65 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Joachim Lipschitz (1918-1961) was a German centre left politician of mixed Jewish heritage who was hidden from the Nazis and politically persecuted by the Russians after the war. From 1955-61 he served as Innensenator (minister of interior) of the city state of West Berlin.