Correspondence concerning the dissolution of G. E. R. and the options of providing The Wiener Library with parts of the remaining archival material.
Correspondence with Anglo-German Educational Reconstruction (G.E.R.)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/74
- Dates of Creation02/09/1958 - 29/10/1958
- Language of MaterialEnglish German
- Physical Description4 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Set up by German exiles and refugees in cooperation with the Labour Party in the early 1940s, the German Educational Reconstruction Committee (G.E.R.) was a project tasked with planning the reorganization and democratization of the German educational system for the time after the end of the Second World War. It ceased its operations eventually in 1958.