The correspondence centres on the whereabouts of the Memorbuch of the Jewish community in Friedberg near Frankfurt am Main. Contained are letters of several other individuals involved in the object’s tracing process. Upon his passing the acquisition of parts of Bloch’s estate is briefly discussed.
Correspondence with Bloch, Julius
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/164
- Dates of Creation05/08/1954 - 25/02/1957
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description25 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Julius Bloch (1877-1956) was a Jewish-German merchant. He had held a leading position in the Jewish Community of Frankfurt am Main before he emigrated to the UK in 1938. See Walk, J., http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19576, Munich et. al., K. G. Saur, 1988, p. 37.