Correspondence regarding a meeting during an upcoming trip of Alfred Wiener to the Netherlands in July 1955.
Correspondence with Cahn, Walter
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/250
- Dates of Creation02/07/1955 - 18/08/1955
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description5 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Walter Cahn (1886-1972) was a Jewish-German anti-Nazi resistance fighter. In the Weimar Republic the World War One veteran had joined the Reichsbund jüdischer Frontsoldaten and got acquainted with Alfred Wiener. When the Nazis came to power he emigrated to the Netherlands. During the Second World War he became an active member of the Dutch resistance. W. Cahn was the brother of Ernst Cahn, the first person executed by the Nazis in the occupied Netherlands.