Correspondence regarding various minor issues, including a meeting with German law students at The Wiener Library (1950) and the signing of a letter to The Times regarding a premise for the Library (1957).
Correspondence with Crossman, Richard Howard Stafford
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/297
- Dates of Creation14/10/1946 - 13/04/1957
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description14 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Richard Howard Stafford Crossman (1907-1974) was a British author and politician. The veteran of the Second World war and lifelong Zionist served among other positions as Chairman of the Labour Party, Leader of the House of Commons and also as Minister. In 1970 he became editor of the New Statesman. See Howard, A., Crossman: The Pursuit of Power, London, Jonathan Cape, 1990.