A letter of appreciation to Adenauer for the nomination of Alfred Wiener for the Bundesverdienstkreuz, the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany).
Correspondence with Adenauer, Konrad
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/38
- Dates of Creation05/04/1955 - 05/04/1955
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description1 letter
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Konrad Hermann Joseph Adenauer (1876–1967) served as first chancellor of West Germany from 1949-63, and parallel as its foreign minister from 1951-55. He was one of the founding fathers of the country’s conservative party and served as its chairman from 1950-66. He campaigned for a tie with the Western Bloc, the European Integration, an active role of Germany in the NATO and a social market economy. See Biermann, W., Konrad Adenauer: Ein Jahrhundertleben, Berlin, Rowohlt, 2017.