Containing only one letter by Blumenfeld the correspondence centred apparently on philosophical, political and historical aspects of the state Israel and its development.
Correspondence with Blumenfeld, Kurt
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/166
- Dates of Creation10/11/1953 - 27/10/1959
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description7 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Kurt Yehuda Blumenfeld (1884-1963) was a German Zionist and close friend of Hannah Arendt. Among others he had served as secretary of the Zionist Union for Germany and as general secretary for the World Zionist Organization. He fled to Palestine in 1933 where he continued his work. See Walk, J., http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19576, Munich et. al., K. G. Saur, 1988, p. 38.