Correspondence regarding Buchheim’s leaving of the Institut für Zeitgeschichte, and his new position at the Office of West German President Heinrich Lübke. While he explains this step Alfred Wiener reflects the change in his own tasks at the Library.
Correspondence with Buchheim, Hans
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/225
- Dates of Creation09/01/1961 - 30/01/1961
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description2 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Prof. Dr. Hans Buchheim (1922-2016) was a German scholar of history and political science. Since the early 1950 he had worked at the Institut für Zeitgeschichte in Munich. An internationally regarded expert on the Nazi period Buchheim served as expert at several trials of Nazi crimes including the Frankfurt Auschwitz trials. Following an interlude at the Office of the President of West Germany in the early 1960s.