Containing letters by The Wiener Library exclusively, the correspondence centres on two eyewitness accounts on her experiences in the Theresienstadt Ghetto Bloemendahl provided the Library with. Options of her further involvement in the eyewitness testimony project are also discussed.
Correspondence with Bloemendahl, Alice
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/165
- Dates of Creation25/04/1957 - 07/03/1958
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description8 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Alice Bloemendahl (1874-1959) was a Jewish-German teacher and Holocaust survivor. Deported to the Terezin ghetto in 1942, she was part of an exchange transport of 1200 inmates that were brought to Switzerland in February 1945. She returned to Hamburg after the end of the war.