Correspondence regarding the Library’s provision with J. R. Douglas-Dobschiner’s eyewitness account on her persecution by the Nazis and her rescue by Dutch resistance fighter Bastiaan Jan Ader.
Correspondence with Douglas-Dobschiner, Johanna-Ruth
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/349
- Dates of Creation16/10/1957 - 24/11/1958
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description5 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Johann Ruth (Douglas-) Dobschiner was a Dutch Holocaust survivor. Born into an orthodox Jewish family in Germany, she emigrated to the Netherlands in the early 1930s. She survived the Nazi occupation with the help of resistance fighter Bastiaan Jan Ader. After the Second World War she converted to Christianity.