Correspondence regarding source material for Echt’s current research project on the history of Jews in Danzig (today Gdansk, Poland).
Correspondence with Echt, Samuel
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/362
- Dates of Creation07/04/1960 - 06/06/1960
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description5 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Samuel Echt (1888-1974) was a German historian and teacher. Being a leading member of the Jewish community in Danzig he had emigrated to England in 1939, and later to the United States. Since 1948 he worked as librarian at the New York University.