Correspondence regarding a restitution related enquiry by the Federation (on behalf of the Claims Conference) on material losses of Jews from Bohemia and Moravia as well as a controversial article published in Congress Weekly.
Correspondence with American Federation of Jews from Central Europe
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/62
- Dates of Creation29/04/1952 - 04/04/1955
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description9 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Founded in New York in 1939 the American Federation of Jews from Central Europe coordinated social, legal or cultural services for German speaking Jews coming to the US. After the war it shifted its focus from immigration to restitution successively.