Correspondence regarding the whereabouts of books from the seminary in Breslau, contact details of the Auschwitz memorial, and certain poems of Birnbaum’s brother.
Correspondence with Birnbaum, Solomon A.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/156
- Dates of Creation08/04/1957 - 07/03/1958
- Physical Description7 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr. Solomon A. Birnbaum (1891-1989) was an Austrian scholar of Yiddish and Hebrew. Living and working in Hamburg, he left Germany in 1934 and settled in London where he lectured at several institutions including SOAS.