The correspondence comprises mainly birthday wishes. Furthermore, a letter of condolence on occasion of Berlin's passing in 1963 in contained.
Correspondence with Berlin, Walter
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/136
- Dates of Creation15/02/1957 - 01/09/1963
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description10 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr. Walter Berlin (1887-1963) was a Jewish-German lawyer who had campaigned against Antisemitism and experienced the 1938 November Pogrom in Nuremberg. After his subsequent emigration to England he worked for the Association of Jewish Refugees (AJR). See Walk, J., http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19576, Munich et. al., K. G. Saur, 1988, p. 29.