Correspondence regarding the birthdays of Rudolf Apt and Georg Salzberger, and the death of Kurt Sabatzky, all three of them Jewish-German refugees in England. The latter had worked as secretary for The Wiener Library from 1947-53, and had been involved in the institute's eyewitness testimony project.
Correspondence with Aufbau
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/97
- Dates of Creation17/06/1955 - 06/01/1958
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description7 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Aufbau is a Jewish German language journal. Founded in New York in 1934 it soon became a main source of information for German-speaking Jewry around the globe. See Kotkowski, E.-V. (ed.), Aufbau: Sprachrohr. Heimat. Mythos. Geschichte(n) einer deutsch-jüdischen Zeitung aus New York 1934 bis heute, Berlin, Hentrich & Hentrich, 2011.