Correspondence regarding Berent’s contribution to The Wiener Library’s eyewitness testimony project. This includes submitting an account on his own experiences as well as interviewing other survivors and refugees in England.
Correspondence with Berent, Walter
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/128
- Dates of Creation12/01/1954 - 18/12/1959
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description7 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Walter Berent was a Jewish-German state official from Danzig. He had emigrated to Italy at the outbreak of the war where he was interned in several camps, including the Ferramonti camp. After the war he settled in England. Walter Berent was the brother of Ernst Berent, whose correspondence is also to be found in this collection.