Correspondence with Israeli-German archivists and subsequent CZA directors Alexander Bein and Georg Herlitz. Aside from minor issues, including a book review for The Wiener Library’s Bulletin, it deals primarily with the transfer of the Gesamtarchiv der deutschen Juden from East Berlin to CZA in Israel. The correspondence includes a note on the person of Jacob Jacobson, former director of the Gesamtarchiv.
Correspondence with Central Zionist Archives (CZA)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/268
- Dates of Creation17/01/1951 - 11/12/1958
- Language of MaterialGerman Hebrew
- Physical Description33 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Founded in Berlin in 1919, the Central Zionist Archives (CZA) has been serving as official archives for several zionist institutions since. When the Nazis took hold on Germany it has been relocated to Jerusalem in 1933.