The Admiralty’s Historical Section provides the Library with two sets of copies of Fuehrer Conferences on Naval Affairs 1939-1945, of which one is dedicated to Telford Taylor. Comprising handwritten and typewritten letters the correspondence contains a press cutting and an additional two letter correspondence with a commander from the Admiralty’s Hydrographic Department.
Correspondence with Admiralty - Historical Section
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/44
- Dates of Creation31/07/1952 - 09/02/1961
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description16 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Admiralty was the British government’s department for the command of the Royal Navy. Its Historical Section, now The Naval Historical Branch, is responsible for managing the Navy’s historical archives.