The correspondence documents the everyday business between The Wiener Library and the London based Council including birthday wishes, the lending of books, the purchase of images, and primarily the exchange of published and unpublished material. Beside letters it contains á copy of the Council’s internal newsletters and a printed, not dated image of Sigmund Freud.
Correspondence with Council for the Protection of the Rights and Interests of Jews from Germany
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/294
- Dates of Creation09/10/1959 - 09/11/1964
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description50 items
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Council for the Protection of the Rights and Interests of Jews from Germany was an umbrella organisation to represent the interests of German Jews in their countries of resettlement after they had fled Nazi Germany.