The letters contain primarily birthday wishes for N. Bentwich.
Correspondence with Bentwich, Norman
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/124
- Dates of Creation05/01/1951 - 06/03/1963
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description6 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Norman de Mattos Bentwich (1883-1971) was a British barrister and academic. He had been appointed Attorney General of Palestine after World War I. When the Nazis came to power he got engaged in refugee aid; his wife helped organising the Kindertransporte to the UK. After 1945 Bentwich was head of the United Restitution Organization. See Weltsch, R. (ed.), http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19775, vol. 7, 1962, p. XXVIII.