The correspondence concerns two restitution related enquiries by Breit on behalf of clients. One concerns the treatment of Jewish pharmacists in the Third Reich, the other one the persectution of Jews immediately before the Nazis took hold of power in 1933.
Correspondence with Breit, Max
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/196
- Dates of Creation08/03/1956 - 23/03/1961
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description8 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr. Max Breit was an Israeli lawyer of Jewish-German origin. After the Second World War he became one of the founders of Irgun Oleh Leipzig Be-Yisrael, an association of Jews originally from Leipzig. See Niether, H., Leipziger Juden und die DDR: Eine Existenzerfahrung im Kalten Krieg, Göttingen, Vandenhoek&Ruprecht, 2014, pp. 198-200.