The handwritten and typewritten correspondence reflects the different views of Bright and Alfred Wiener on Germany and German culture respectively after the Holocaust.
Correspondence with Bright, Rudolf A.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/205
- Dates of Creation08/06/1955 - 13/06/1955
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description2 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Rudolf Bright (1901-1978) was a British lawyer of Jewish-German origin. Based in Breslau (now Wrocław) he had joined the Centralverein deutscher Staatsbürger jüdischen Glaubens (C.V.). After being interned in Buchenwald concentration camp during the November Pogrom 1938, he emigrated to the UK. See Walk, J., http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19576, Munich et. al., K. G. Saur, 1988, p. 47.