The correspondence contains letters by The Wiener Library exclusively, mainly referring to Bracher's article for On the Track of Tyranny, a book published by The Wiener Library on occasion of Leonard Montefiore's 70th anniversary.
Correspondence with Bracher, Karl Dietrich
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/188
- Dates of Creation03/06/1954 - 18/04/1962
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description6 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Prof. Dr. Karl Dietrich Bracher (1922-2016) was a German scholar of political science. Studying the Weimar Republic and National Socialism, he was an internationally regarded expert on Totalitarism and Democracy Theory. He was awarded the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany as well as the Pour le Merite. See Schwarz, H.-P., ‘Karl Dietrich Bracher (1922–2016)‘, in: Historische Zeitschrift ‚ vol. 304, 2017, pp. 398-404.