Correspondence regarding the date of Birkett’s appointment as chairman of the Advisory Committee on the internment of British Nazi sympathisers under Defence Regulation 18B in 1940.
Correspondence with Birkett, William Norman (1st Baron Birkett)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/152
- Dates of Creation26/05/1961 - 01/06/1961
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description3 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Norman Birkett, 1st Baron Birkett (1883-1962) was a British lawyer, politician and alternate British judge at the Nuremberg Trials in 1945. Later he was named Lord Justice of Appeal (1950) and ennobled peer (1958). See Hyde, H. M., http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/55136, London, Hamish Hamilton, 1965.