Correspondence regarding annual grants of 12000 DM by the Entschädigungsamt for The Wiener Library between 1957-63. The letters document requirements, administrative procedure, and conditions attached to the granting of these subsidies. Contained are travel expenses claims, copies of annual reports of the Library’s activities (especially those related to the state of Berlin), a money transfer order, and a copy of an official application form.
Correspondence with Entschädigungsamt Berlin (West)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/389
- Dates of Creation29/04/1955 - 03/10/1963
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description101 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Founded in 1951, the remit of the Entschädigungsamt is the review and settlement of compensation claims (indemnity payments) of survivors of Nazi persecution from the state of Berlin.