Beside copies from certain Ukrainian periodicals this correspondence centres on mutual information requests concerning primarily former Nazi perpetrators, especially former Slovakian fascist politician Joseph M. Kirschbaum. Other enquiries focus on people who had helped persecuted Jews or on survivors directly. The latter refers to a CJC enquiry on the address of Otto Frank, father of Holocaust diarist Anne Frank.
Correspondence with Canadian Jewish Congress (CJC)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/256
- Dates of Creation05/12/1950 - 10/03/1967
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description43 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Canadian Jewish Congress (CJC) was a Jewish advocacy organisation in Canada. Founded in 1919, its tasks have been taken over by the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs meanwhile.