Correspondence, with refugees Rudolf Graupner and Hans Jacobi almost exclusively, regarding restitution related information requests, and the lending of certain materials from the Library. The enquiries include among others former camps Westerbork, Theresienstadt, Auschwitz and Sobibor. Moreover, Jacobi’s own restitution claim in West Germany, his Library membership and his authorship of a book review, published in the Library’s Bulletin, are mentioned.
Correspondence with Buckeridge & Braune
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/228
- Dates of Creation24/05/1951 - 22/06/1963
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description28 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Buckeridge & Braune, Solicitors was a London-based law firm that employed several Jewish-German lawyers who had fled their home country after the Nazi seizure of power.