Correspondence regarding an eyewitness account by Deak for the Library’s eyewitness testimony project as well as her subsequent employment at The Wiener Library. The latter includes matters regarding her payment, leave, and also emotional problems related to her former internment in concentration camps.
Correspondence with Deak, Gertrud
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/310
- Dates of Creation25/03/1958 - 09/07/1962
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description10 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Gertrud Deak was a Hungarian Holocaust survivor. She had been deported to Auschwitz and Buchenwald concentration camp in 1944/45. She lived in London after the Second World War, and worked partly for The Wiener Library.