The correspondence throws light on Brügels long-term relation to The Wiener Library and his work for the institute. This includes writing articles for the Library’s Bulletin, reviewing manuscripts, and conducting research in several countries and archives.
Correspondence with Brügel, Johann Wolfgang
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/220
- Dates of Creation13/05/1955 - 17/12/1963
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description45 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr. Johann Wolfgang Brügel (1905-1986) was a Czech solicitor and left-wing publicist. In 1939 he emigrated to France, and later to England. Based in London, Brügel worked as a freelancer for The Wiener Library in the postwar years. See Röder, W. and H. Strauss (ed.), http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19588, Munich, Saur, 1980, p. 99.