Correspondence regarding Callmann’s support for grant applications The Wiener Library had submitted to the Jewish Claims Conference.
Correspondence with Callmann, Rudolf
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/254
- Dates of Creation21/10/1952 - 27/12/1962
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description11 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Dr. Rudolf Callmann (1892-1976) was a US-American legal professional of Jewish-German descent. The World War I veteran had been a member of Centralverein deutscher Staatsbürger jüdischen Glaubens (C.V.). In 1936 he left for the U.S., where he published an influential study on competition law. Since the 1950s Callmann held high positions in several Jewish organisations, including a vice presidency of the Jewish Claims Conference. See Röder, W. and H. Strauss (ed.), http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19588, Munich, Saur, 1980, p. 107.