Correspondence regarding the terms of assigning a typescript about Bukofzer’s journey to Palestine to The Wiener Library. Contained are a note by Alfred Wiener, and a two letter correspondence with his brother Ernst Bukofzer.
Correspondence with Bukofzer, Werner
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1556 3000/9/1/230
- Dates of Creation08/05/1955 - 15/03/1956
- Language of MaterialGerman
- Physical Description7 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Werner Bukofzer (1903-1985) was an Israeli writer and actor of German origin. From Berlin he had emigrated to Palestine in 1939, where he has been briefly interned as enemy alien by British authorities. Later he became vice president of the association of German writing authors. See Heuer, R. (ed.), http://wiener.soutron.net/Portal/Default/en-GB/RecordView/Index/19571, vol. 4, Munich, Saur, 1996, p. 357-359.