Discusses Beaton's feature on "London Today". Mentions various pictures he could do. Talks about the "idiocy" of theatre hours in summer. Feels that one of the most characteristic things about the war is that women carry string bags everywhere in case they pick up anything, and no one is idle. Wonders if Beaton could make one of his illustrations a London square with the railings down and no grass left. Discusses the picture of Francoise Rosay.
Typescript letter signed to Beaton, from London.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/588/11
- Dates of Creation19 Aug. 1943
- Physical Description2p paper
Scope and Content