Was very touched by Beaton's kind letter. It is an "abrupt end to a very important chapter in one's life". It is strange that his mother was born at Windsor and after travelling all over the world lies buried in St George's. Postscript comments that this letter seems to have been all over the world as he put the wrong address on it. Hopes he receives it safely this time.
Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from Balmoral Castle.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/586
- Dates of Creation19 Dec. 1969–24 Jan. 1970 (Date at head of letter 19 Dec., date of P.S. 24 Jan.)
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description2p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content