Thanks Beaton for the book he sent him. Has been a promoter of its sales on two occassions. The 'classical beauty' of the battlefield photographs is 'remarkable'. Praises the photographs. D'Avery Osborne was paying tribute to Beaton at a dinner here when he passed through. Was in England in September. Thinks the European war will be 'as good as over' by Christmas.
Sir Marcus Cheke. Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from Lisbon.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/120
- Dates of Creation5 Nov. 1943
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description2p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content