Has read Beaton's account in the Sunday Times of the suffering endured by Lady Bingham during her train journey. Feels guilty over the degree of pleasure he felt. Asks if Beaton can confirm the truth of the story.
Francis Smilby. Typescript letter signed to Beaton, from Hailsham.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/491
- Dates of Creation17 Sep. 1973
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1p Typewritten paper
Scope and Content