Beaton has always had a flattering illusion of her. Until last week, had a lovely dress that Beaton might have thought possible for his collection, but has now sold it. Used to wear it to Embassy parties. The last time she enjoyed dressing in beautiful clothes was in Beaton's 'lovely creations' in "My Fair Lady". Has never cared for dressing in lovely clothes to go to parties. Has had to write this long reason for why she has nothing lovely enough for Beaton's collection.
Zena Dare. Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from London.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/151
- Dates of Creation14 June 1950–14 June 1960 (Circa. No year given)
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description3p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content