Has just finished reading the latest Beaton diary and found it enchanting. It is beautifully composed, delicately observed and funny. They met five years ago when Beaton was interviewed on his programme by Hamet Crawley. Had lunch with the vicar of Broadchalke who was his headmaster at Blackburn Grammar School and his boss when he was a housemaster.
Fredric Russell Harty. Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from London.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/246
- Dates of Creation6 Mar. 1978
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description2p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content