Saint left New York for a brief vacation on Friday. Something has come up that she feels she should write to Beaton about. Mme. Ninon Tallon has acquired the rights to "The Living Room" and feels it would be Saint's "cup of tea". Asks Beaton to put in a good word for him with Peter Glenville, in the hope that he will pass it on to Donald Albery and enable Saint to produce it. They have been very disheartened by the plays they have been reading recently. It was wonderful to read the glowing reports of "Quadrille". Hopes to see Beaton if he comes to New York.
Ellen Saint Subber. Typescript letter signed to Beaton, from New York.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/472
- Dates of Creation11 Aug. 1952
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1p Typewritten paper
Scope and Content