Recently had the pleasure of reading Beaton's "My Bolivian Aunt". Expresses gratitude, as the book made her remember her own life in Bolivia between 1954 and 1959. Mentions various locations that she visited and lived in while in Bolivia. While she was in La Paz she met Nicolas Suarez, who gave her an introduction to the Suarez family in Ribesalta. There she met Ricardo Suarez and his wife. Nicolas and Ricardo both spoke good English. Discusses Nico. Praises Beaton's book and writes that he has 'paid a fine and lasting tribute' to his Aunt Jessie.
Gwen Bottomley. Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from Stockport.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/75
- Dates of Creation18 July 1973
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description3p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content