Is immensely flattered that Beaton wants the profile pictures. Would be happy for him to use them in his autobiography without payment. Would like Beaton, if he can, to get hold of a picture for him from the National Gallery. If a "beautiful Hindu boy" named Ram Gopal turns up Beaton should be very nice to him. He will be with Aleksander Janta, a Pole, who is also very nice. They are having very hot weather.
Carl Van Vechten. Typescript letter signed to Beaton, from New York.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/538
- Dates of Creation7 Nov. 1938
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1p Typewritten paper
Scope and Content