Was pleased to hear from Beaton. Apologises for not writing sooner. The Dorian Gray ballet did not come off. Ninette de Valois decided it was too ambitious and large. Is now doing a production of "The Gypsy Princess" for a touring company. Had a bad experience with Jesse Deane. Extended account of the difficulties with Deane, including discussions of the other members of the cast and their costumes.
Matilda Etches. Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from London.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/171
- Dates of Creation1940–1950 (Undated.)
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description6p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content