Is presuming on what she fears is the slightest of acquaintance. Is going for the "Sunday Times" to the Vancouver Festival in July, and also hopes to be in Hollywood. The one person she most wants to see is Greta Garbo. Has admired her devotedly for over half her life. Asks Beaton if she would consent to let her talk to her and write about her. Would he put in a word for her? It would not be a piece of "vulgar yellow journalism" but a genuine attempt at a portrait. Garbo may not be in California or America at all, but if she is, would Beaton advise her and help her?
Elizabeth Dilys Powell. Typescript letter signed to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/434
- Dates of Creation22 Apr. 1960
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description2p Typewritten paper
Scope and Content