Writes regarding some remarks his cousin Elizabeth read out to him from Beaton's autobiography. In 1926 Beaton came to see him about a business matter and was quoted a fee of 3 to 5 guineas. Because he was not well-known Longman offered 4 guineas. He encloses a cheque for the remainder : "after all 38 years is not long in the life of my old firm".
R.G. Longman. Autograph letter to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/337
- Dates of Creation16 Jan. 1964
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1 letter, 2p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content