It is splendid to read that Beaton is back at work. Regards him as the Brahms of artists: "you combine the romantic and the classic in a perfect harmony". Had heard good reports of him from Diana. Bemoans how few of them are left. May be in Winchester by train in the future and would like to see Beaton. Is glad he has deposited his war photographs at the Imperial War Museum. Sends his congratulations and gratitude. Has given up living abroad: "it's Shepherd's Bush until 'THE END'".
Stewart Henry Perowne. Typescript letter to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/417
- Dates of Creation25 Sep. 1978
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description4p Typewritten paper
Scope and Content