Is overjoyed at Beaton's knighthood. Is pleased that someone has been honoured for "making life more beautiful" instead of making the world "increasingly hideous" like most eminent people. Is especially glad because Beaton is an old friend. Wishes he had been made a Duke. Sends his love.
George James Henry Lees-Milne. Autograph letter to Beaton.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/317
- Dates of Creation5 Jan. 1971
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description2p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content