Apologises for not having written before. Informs Beaton that Apparitions is the biggest success the Wells has ever had. Says that the dress rehearsal was depressing but the performance was excellent. Lists the changes they made to Beaton's lighting directions. Expresses sorrow that he is not there to share in their success. Tells Beaton about the after-show party. Says that the ballet was danced really well. Hopes he is doing well in New York.
Constant Lambert. Autograph letter signed to Beaton, from London.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/303
- Dates of Creation19 Feb. 1936 (The year is approximate.)
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description8p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content