It was nice hearing from Eileen. Often asks people about Hugh Cecil. Has a feeling that he is still alive as he would still be under eighty. Has seen him on and off throughout the years. Reminisces about him and his time as his pupil. Was very pleased that Beaton's "Book of Beauty" was in the exhibition. Does not regret his forty years as a photographer, although he made little money out of it after the first five years. He got a lot of fun and pleasure out of it.
Paul Tanqueray. Autograph letter signed to Beaton's secretary.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 275 Beaton/A/A1/518
- Dates of Creation24 Oct. 1972
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description4p Manuscript paper
Scope and Content